As global concerns about eco-friendly solutions continue to develop, the demand for planet-friendly packaging is more important than ever. PCD’s dedication to innovation ensures that clients are receiving only the best possible market solutions. We are committed to delivering the ideal, optimized and most cost-effective packaging designs while operating with an eco-friendly mindset. We achieve this by considering all aspects of our clients’ supply chain in order to identify areas for improvement, while offering re-usable and extra-durable material options. Our clients are always treated with excellent care as we work proactively and collaboratively to ensure their needs are met.
Our Client-Centered Process
1. Assessment of Your Packaging Needs: Armed with your request, our experts will work with you to identify your needs and objectives. We will then evaluate the specifics of your supply chain to strategically develop and design an individualized packaging solution that meets your needs.
2. Providing Unbiased Recommendations: Our experts will not attempt to “sell” you on any one material or product. Instead, we offer advice that’s specifically designed to accommodate your project.
3. Developing Packaging and Beginning Production: PCD manages all aspects of production development, shipping and inventory control. We guarantee the highest quality products and services, delivering seamless solutions for our clients. Should problems arise, our experts have the experience and knowledge to resolve them to your satisfaction. PCD also works with material manufacturers across North America, which allows us to find the ideal packaging design for your needs.
4. Offering End of Program Services: Once your project ends, we are still here as your packaging resource. Packaging is never “finished.” So, if you need existing packaging reutilization and refurbishment or simply need to place another order, give us a call! Your success and satisfaction is our goal.
Supply Chain Optimization
1. Standards: All of our packaging development involves protection, freight optimization, line side orientation, ergonomic considerations and sustainability.
2. Form Management: We assist clients with the development of in-bound packaging forms.
3. Tier 1’s and Packaging Design: We work with your Tier 1’s to provide proper packaging designs and standards compliance.
4. Budgeting: We also assist clients with packaging budgets and help you define returnable vs. expendable ROIs.
Advanced Design Capabilities
Our engineers have the unique capability to batch translate numerous part data formats at one time, delivering some of the fastest design turnaround times in the industry. PCD’s packaging engineers are experts in all major CAD programs for dimensional drawings and rapid prototyping. They will provide detailed packaging specifications that allow you to understand the critical components of each design and easily communicate and collaborate using eDrawing software. We update and maintain a data library of all of our engineering drawings to ensure best-in-class designs each and every time.
Our Engineering Credentials
Full-time engineering staff
Full-time CAD operators
SolidWorks, Catia, ArtiosCAD
- 3D Modeling
Design & Development (CAD/CAM)
Testing and Validation
We Put Our Packaging to the Test…
Nobody wants to discover that their packaging was poorly constructed after it’s already been shipped. To avoid this struggle, we test every one of our packaging designs to ensure the highest quality and client satisfaction. We also utilize a global partnership of independent testing laboratories to provide accurate and unbiased testing results.
In order to provide the highest quality packaging solutions we use a wide variety of equipment, including 6-axis vibration testing machines, incline impact testing, and humidity chamber testing. The resulting testing meets ISTA standards and a virtual Finite Element Analysis (FEA). We also perform ISTA performance and development tests for our electronics clients.
We are one of the few packaging design providers that is Department of Transportation (DOT) certified for battery packaging and testing, ensuring that our battery transport clients are in full compliance with mandated regulations.
Our full range of testing and validation services guarantee that your packaging solution delivers the safety and stability you need to ship with confidence.